Saturday, March 21, 2009

Empty Bowls


Today was the 9th annual Empty Bowls charity event held in Henderson. What a great idea this is ... art students/clay artists from Las Vegas work hard to throw thousands of ceramic bowls. This event is open to the public, this was my first year to go and I can tell you it won't be my last time. You first walk into the room where 6 foot tables are in a line with hundreds of beautiful hand made bowls. You can pick as many as you like, each bowl is $12.00 then you take your empty bowl to the soup line where you have your choice of homemade soup and bread. This event also had a silent auction and a live auction and all the money goes to the Catholic Charity for the soup kitchen to feed the homeless here in Las Vegas. Thanks Tanya for telling me about this event!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had fun! It was a nice event for charity, great ceramics, good soup, and great silent auction items. Will do this again next year! Can you make your soup recipe so we can use our soup bowls?

Jackie said...

I am so sorry I missed this! I will go next year! Glad to hear you had fun!