Friday, December 30, 2011

Balance .....Happy New Year

2 years ago my New Years resolution was NEVER to have "loose weight" as a resolution ever again so January 2010 I started exercising using my WII aerobics and lost my first 20lbs then I started eating organic ...or as much organic as I could and lost another 15 pounds. I kept my resolution that year because by the beginning of 2011 I had lost the weight and so that was off my plate.... no pun intended. In the beginning of 2011 my New Years resolution was to get fit so January 1st I started going to Zumba and then a strength training class as well as adding Walk it Out on my WII ...I actually gained 5 lbs during year but I'm okay with that. I feel good, I feel fit, my cloths still fit and I feel like I am stronger this year than last and again ...I kept my resolution. It's nearly 2012 and this year my New Years resolution is about putting some balance in my life. I tend to go all out weather it's teaching, creating, dieting, exercising, cupcake making ...you get the idea. I am a Libra after all and my sign is the sign of balance so this year I have decided to try to put more balance in my life, I have just accepted a part time job that will get me out of the house a bit and out of the studio. I am still going to be teaching but will be keeping it to the weekends, I am still going to keep fit with exercising as a matter of fact I should be getting Dance Dance Revolution in the mail this week for my WII, and I will still try to eat as healthly as I can, of course there will be cupcakes but maybe not so many this year. So what is your resolution for 2012???


2 comments:

Colleen said...

Good for you!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

It will be good for you to get out of the house and to do something you enjoy! Maybe you could fit a brunch in now and then!

My resolution is always the same - try and eat right and work out and also to find another part-time job - wish I could work at Curves again but, oh well - on to find something new! Will try and get my Wii set up again!

Mandy said...

Good for you! I struggle with balance too, we are doing the Insanity! workout videos right now. I've never been so sore and so tired in my life but I know at the end of the two months it will be so worth it! I've never given up my sweets either! Gotta have some indulgence! We had Dance Dance Revolution for xBox, it's pretty fun!