Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Night- Concert Night

Anybody who knows me would know that I LOVE music, anybody who knows me really well knows I love the old standards done by just about anyone. Friday night Greg and I went downtown to the Golden Nugget to see Steve Tyrell, he is playing for 3 nights only and is using Gordy Brown's show room, (another person I can't wait to see). I first learned about Steve Tyrell over 10 years ago. I was living in So. California and I was out antique shopping .... you know how they are always playing the old music in those stores? Well I was shopping and singing along having myself a "la-dee-dah-day" when the store owner saw me and said .... If you like this music you are going to love Steve Tyrell, the next day I went to the music store and bought his CD ... she was right I loved it from the first time I heard his voice. I play it so much in class, it's the perfect music to bead by. The first 2 songs on my blog will give you a little taste of his sound. Enyoy!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Ok I am confused, did steve tyrell write the first two songs on your blog, becuase that is not who is singing them!!
I prefer singers to song writers unless you are talking about bernie taupin, that is one hell of a song writer!! Think elton john.
anyway glad you and greg get out and have fun, it is so important to do that in a long term marriage!! Some people forget to do fun stuff!