Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Rock and Roll

Today was a perfect day for rock cutting. I bought a few new pieces while Greg and I were on vacation. One is a small chunk of white turquoise, called "White Buffalo Turquoise and the other is green turquoise. They both were mined in Tonapah; as a matter of fact the guy who owns both of the mines was in his shop and I got to talking to him about ... what else?? ROCKS, and so he took me back to his shop and showed me around and told me a little about the White Buffalo. He has the only mine that this stuff comes from. When made up in Jewelry it is really pretty. I think I will make a new bracelet.
I love cutting and polishing rocks, it is so theraputic, if anyone is interested in going just let me know and I will hook you up.

So you thought on my day off I wouldn't be working on jewelry??? Think again.

No comments: